- Use a simple logo. This will provide the clearest and sharpest looking embroidery. If there is text in your design, the font size must be 20 pt or more. Keeping the stitch count to 6000 -8000 is the ideal stitch count for a left chest embroidered logo. This will help make sure your logo is clean and crisp looking.
- Ask your embroiderer what thread will be used in your embroidered logo. Polyester is what we recommend as it is the most durable and is color fast. Other choices are rayon and cotton. While rayon has a great look to it, it will fade overtime and certain colors may run when washed. We do not recommend cotton at all for decorated apparel.
- Ask what type of backing will be used. Make sure it will not shrink after washing causing your embroidered logo to pucker and become distorted.
- Ask what type of machine will be used. A low cost or a home embroidery machine is not going to give you the same level of quality as a high end commer- cial machine. Most good commercial embroiderers use Tajima or Barudan brand machines.
- Ask for a pre-production stitched sample; commonly caused in the business as a stitch out. This will let you see exactly what the size will be, the colors to be used and the general appearance of the embroidered logo.
Using these 5 Tips will help guarantee that your embroidered logo will look great and wear well wash after wash for many years.